Urology Community
Stretched Suspensory Ligament :-(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Stretched Suspensory Ligament :-(

I'm 19 and if I gain a full erection my penis at most can gain maybe a 35 degree angle. It used to be much higher, like maybe 80-85 degrees, but I thought that this was abnormal, so I would often forcibly try to stretch it. Now of course I eventually found out that one should never do this, and am horrified about what I may have done to myself. Now I find out that a high erection angle is actually desireable and even prevents injury. I am concerned that this problem will only get worse as I age.

Is there nothing that can be done about erection angle? Nothing at all?

I can't stop beating myself up over this... How could I have been so stupid? Is there anyone who could offer me advice?

Will the ligament heal?
I'm not sure if this can be repaired. Some men have the suspensory ligament cut to give the appearance of a larger penis.

This can cause a problem with erections and intercourse.

You might be able to ask if the suspensory can be shortened.

I hope that you can get this dealt with. Don't beat yourself up over this. We all have had some wrong impressions at one point in life.

Up to the moment I got married, I was under the impression that I had done damage to my penis from forcing the foreskin back. I thought that the foreskin was supposed to meet up with the corona of the glans (glands). I did not realize that this separation from the corona was normal.

All the best to you,

Ron
Thanks...  Oh man I feel terrible about this. Mostly I am worried that in the future I'll have problems. It's not like I snapped the ligament, there is still an angle of erection, but not like before i think.
Also I have less control over my penis while flaccid. i cannot really move it anymore.
Hey man, I have almost the exact same problem. It ***** that there doesn't really seem to be any help for this...

I guess we just have to learn to live with it.
As long as you can obtain a good erection, sexual intercourse can take place with good success.
I myself have ED and use injections to obtain an erection. At times it does work on it's own but it is not that firm, yet my wife and I are able to have intercourse.

All the best,

Ron
Im not so much worried about the angle, what bothers me more is the pain. It's not acute, it just aches pretty badly. I'm pretty sure it's chronic and is not just going to heal on its own, its been 5 months now. Is there anything to be done about ligament pain?
Hi new,

Do you have any penile instability?