Sudden testicle pain
Yesterday afternoon I noticed a sudden, ongoing and fluctuating moderate/severe left-testicle pain. Possibly some swelling. It continued throughout the day. Very, very sore & sensitive to even touch. Used an ice-pack before going to bed and that seemed to help. Upon awakening during night to use the bathroom, I suddenly broke into a cold sweat and felt mildly faint. I then took one 500mg amoxicillin tablet. This morning the pain is much reduced to mild discomfort. Am a senior who has never before experienced this type of occurrence. Had been doing some heavy lifting the day before and riding in lawn tractor on rough lawn surface. Might those be possible contributors? Also, have always had a somewhat enlarged prostate in case that might be a factor. Please offer your ideas.
I would advise seeing a physician ASAP.  Sudden testicle pain should always be suspected for torsion, which is a surgical emergency.  This can be evaluated with an ultrasound.  

If torsion has been ruled out, infections like epididymitis or a cyst/mass can be considered as other causes.

I would see a physician about this symptom.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
0
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Urologists in your area?