Urology Community
Suffering ED from an injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Suffering ED from an injury

My penis suffered from a motorcycle injury about 2 weeks ago. Following the injury, it swelled up for a few days. During these few days, it hurt whenever I moved it. I noticed that during its flaccid state, it grew larger probably due to the swelling, but after a week it returned to normal and it does not hurt anymore. BUT the problem is that I cannot get an erection with or without stimulation. I researched a bit online and came to think that I might have a case of high flow priapism and that the nerves in my penis were damaged during the injury. From what I read online, these nerves take a long time to heal (like a few months), so I am trying not to panic and jump to conclusions. Should I be worried? Is there anything I could do (or not do) to help speed up the healing process? I am trying not to  stress about it too much because I also read that stress and anxiety does not help at all. Thanks in advance.