Urology Expert Forum
Superficial Vein/Blood vessel on left epydidimis

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Thanks for your time. I went to my regular and then urologist because I had what I thought was a cyst on the back of my left testicle on its epididymis. They both thought it was a cyst, but my urologist wanted me to get a ultrasound. After the ultrasound he said it was fine nothing remotely suspicious and the thing we thought was a cyst actually is a blood vessel or a vein. He said its not a variococele and to leave it as is. But I wanted to know is there any way of making it go away? Could it be an enlarged or inflamed blood vessel? Its right on the epidymis on the back of the left testicle. Also it looks like a triangle like this ^. but the two lines are closer. So its like the vein goes up a little and comes back down and looks like a small triangle. I noticed when I ejaculated it got 3 times as big maybe thats the blood rushing to that area? I hope there is a way this can get a lot smaller and go away thanks doctor.
I am not sure what this is other than the merging of two veins,  which I could see as getting somewhat larger with sexual excitement. Can they be made to go away? I would expect that with surgery they could be eliminated but you risk losing your testicle or possibly obstructing the epididymus with surgery thereby preventing the flow of sperm from that testicle (rendering you sterile from that side.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.