Suprapubic Catheter

Is it OK to take a bath while having a suprapubic Catheter, or should the area remain dry?
I'm worried about possible infection, but like to bath as it provides relieve from abdominal cramping and pain in the prostate area.

How are you? It is not advised to take baths, showers or swimming while on supra pubic catheter to prevent contamination, pulling, drainage etc. Regular changing of the urine bag once in 10 days and cleaning the site of insertion would prevent infections.
For abdominal cramping and pain NSAID’s can be used after approval by your doctor.
Best.
Thank you for answering my question. I have a difficult time getting in touch with the urologist.
As far as I know I will have the suprapubic catheter for the next 6 months to see if a fistula will heal.
I'm not quite sure as to how I'm supposed to keep myself clean. even going for tow days with just a sponge bath makes me feel like I have not washed myself for days.
It looks like it is going to be a long 6 months.
Thank you.

Ron
i have a suprapubic cather and does it hure when changing it for first time by urology and i get it done on 26 november for first time  befor i had a cather inside my bladder and i was geting infections a lot like acute pyelonephritis of kidneys, cepsema, ecoilie and i have now is  acute pyelonephritis of kidneys and i had my appendicks out in may and couldnt wee so put cather into bladder first then in octomber i had camer in bladder and now have suprapubic cather in