Urology Community
Swollen Foreskin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Swollen Foreskin

My wife was laid off so there is a lapse between getting her on my insurance which resulted in her running out of birth control. Earlier today we elected to have sex with with a condom, after the sex the foreskin of my penis became extremely swollen and red. I assumed it was a allergic reaction to the condom or the spermicide and took a Benadryl, it has been about 6 hours now and the swelling is going down but it is still swollen a bit and tender. Is this just a allergic reaction as I assumed or could it be something more, I have used Trojan condoms in the past with no issue.

Thank you for any help
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations/ allergic reactions, trauma/ erosions etc. Assuming this to be an inflammation/ allergic reaction you could try some OTC steroid ointment such as betamethasome and see if it seems to help. If you do not notice any improvement, I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!