Swollen Foreskin
My wife was laid off so there is a lapse between getting her on my insurance which resulted in her running out of birth control. Earlier today we elected to have sex with with a condom, after the sex the foreskin of my penis became extremely swollen and red. I assumed it was a allergic reaction to the condom or the spermicide and took a Benadryl, it has been about 6 hours now and the swelling is going down but it is still swollen a bit and tender. Is this just a allergic reaction as I assumed or could it be something more, I have used Trojan condoms in the past with no issue.

Thank you for any help
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations/ allergic reactions, trauma/ erosions etc. Assuming this to be an inflammation/ allergic reaction you could try some OTC steroid ointment such as betamethasome and see if it seems to help. If you do not notice any improvement, I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!