Swollen Left Testicle
I woke up with a swollen left testicle which was very tender.  There is no discharge, no burning, etc.

I went to the doctor and at first said it might be epididymitis.  They did a urin test and said there was no bacteria found.  I did an ultra sound and there was no torsion.  They never did give me the final diagnosis what could this be?  What could this be?
The ultrasound should be able to see if there is any lesion.  Other causes other than epididymitis would include cancer, a cyst, varicocele or hydrocele - again, these entities should be seen on an ultrasound.

If the ultrasound was negative, other non-scrotal causes can include prostatitis or a groin hernia.  A prostate exam can be done to evaluate for any enlargement, as well as imaging with a transrectal ultrasound.

I would suggest a referral to a urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.