Swollen Urethra
Hello Doctor,
I am 31 years old female. I have only one sexual partner, my husband. (My husband also have only one sexual partner, me). We had sex last night and it was little painfull for me (this is not usual for me). Today, it seems like I have a bladder infection, but it seems to be very different from past bladder infections. Urination is VERY painfull, it burns much more than bladder infections in the past. My urethra is swollen (alot). I am also leaking a bit (also a first for me). I also have a rash (I think, its very red) around my vagina, this also burns alot, especially when urinating, but even if clean water somes in contact with it. I feel the need to urinate all the time, but when I go only a little bit comes out. I have a little bit of blood in my urine. Urine is bit smelly (last 3 days or so). Is this still just a UTI? Will drinking lots of water, cranberry juice/tea and citrus soda solve my problem? Or could it be something serious? When would it be necessary to see a doctor? I am shy... Thanks doctor
I'm by no means a doctor, but I would say go see one.  You mention past bladder infections - have you ever seen a specialist?  If not, make your doc send you to one and don't take no for an answer.  I had a couple infections a year and was led to believe it wasn't serious, and now have very serious kidney issues.  My new doc said ALWAYS report a bladder infection (as I had previously done the "drink lots" approach when the infections were mild.)  I'm a 28 yr old female.