Urology Expert Forum
Swollen penis vein. 29 yo.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Swollen penis vein. 29 yo.

About 3mo ago I recieved vigorous manuel stimulation. Upon returning home I noticed a swollen vein on the top and left side of the penis, which was accompanied by a slight aching.  I also noticed that I appeared to have more skin on left side as well as the smaller veins/vessels being more pronounced. (circumcised at birth). I did not feel hardness.
        I abstained from sexual contact and put myself on aspirin. Within 2 wks I went to a urologist.  He diagnosed me with phlebitis of the superficial dorsal vein. He assured me that with aspirin and hot packs it would resolve w/in 3 wks. No X-rays taken.
        That was 3+mo. ago and my symptoms havnt gone away. Aching still persists. I also have a pinching feeling at lower base of penis probably where dorsal vein begins.Veins are still tortuous underneath and superficial dorsal vein is still much larger than before trauma.
        My return visit to the doc did not leave me with any answers. He felt the phlebitis had gone away and that it was normal to have veins.
        I obviously know it is normal for the penis to have many veins.The problem is that my penis is visibly different than before and I still have a persistent ache and  pinching feeling which makes me nervous of the health of my penis. I understand everything "works" and Im sure I can still pro-create, but I really do not want 4play and intercourse to be uncomfortable for the rest of my life. I can not recieve any manuel stimulation during 4play and intercourse leaves me with an aching feeling the next day.
       Will this go away with time?  If my phlebitis is really gone,  why is the vein still swollen(or larger than pre-trauma). Why do I still have an ache? Why did my veins and skin "change"on that side? Can these symptoms last this long? I really want to avoid surgery. W/are the complications of having surgery on the veins of the penis? W/ should I do next?

Your valuable time and service is greatly appreciated.