Swollen vein on top of my penis...
by Nancy2613, Mar 07, 2010
So i have a problem and im a little uncomfortable discussing this but im getting kind of nervous and need some help! so my girlfriend and i were on a trip and having some of out "alone time" soon after i got aroused she had noticed that a vein on top of my penis was abormally huge and was concerned. Its now been two days since this happend and im getting worried, its sore to the touch and i keep having shots of pain from where the vein is swollen the most all the way down the top left side of my penis to the base of it where it meets the pelvic bone! please give any input!
Related Discussions
Member Comments (2)
by Nancy2613, Mar 07, 2010
also ive used ice and i have been taking ibuprofen since this happend!
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Mar 08, 2010
From the symptoms it looks like Superficial thrombophlebitis of the penis (an uncommon disease known as Mondor's disease). This is an inflammatory reaction to a clot within the vein. This subsequently causes blockages and dilation of the vein. It is typically painless, but can be painful. In studies, patients were noted to have thrombophlebitis after a prolonged sexual act with or without intercourse. It was described as cord-like thickening of the superficial penile veins.

Diagnosis is via ultrasound which shows blockage of the vessels. Treatment is with anti-inflammatory drugs (i.e. aspirin or ibuprofen) and most resolve within 4-6 weeks. If it persists, then surgery may be necessary. I think you should consult a urologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.