Urology Expert Forum
T2 bright cyst
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

T2 bright cyst

I had an MRI done for the lumbar region of my back.  On the report the radiologist noted: "an approximately 10 mm in diameter T2 bright cyst within the lower pole of the left kidney."  I saw my primary care Dr. and she referred me to get an ultrasound - the technician could hardley find it and wondered if my MRI was read by a doctor and if maybe he was getting it confused with a "pyramid"? - a structure of the kidney, I guess. (I have the MRI film and the white spot shows up very clearly) Anyway, with some help from another technician she seemed to locate it.  Needless to say, the Ultrasound tech did not inspire confidence in me.  Is this kind of cyst common? Is there further testing that should be done to determine exactly what it is and follow up to see if it grows?  I am a healthy 38 year old female with one child.  Thank you for your time and consideration.
Jamie