Urology Community
TESTICULAR PAIN

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

TESTICULAR PAIN

Hi, I'm 18 yrs old right now and when i was 12 my friend accidentally kicked me at my testicles, after that my left testicle had swollen and doubled it size and i could remember it was very painful. Then days have passed the pain is gone but my testicle and scrotum had changed it appearance and its kinda not normal, and ever since for 7 years i constantly having like random pains (not very painful more on irritation and my left testicle is like kinda changing its position) at my testicles. I also having problem in finding a comfortable position while sleeping or even sitting.

I really didn't care about back then cause i was young but now it kinda bothers me cause i just realized it is not normal and i suspected that i had a testicular torsion back then and prolonged it for 7 years.

My questions:
Is this could be testicular torsion?

and if it is not torsion what could be?

is my case that serious?
Hello michelbr,

What has been the time lag between the development of the torsion and the treatment once it was diagnosed 7 years back.? This is important to understand as delay of more than 6-8 hours between onset of symptoms and the time of surgical (or manual) detorsion reduces the salvage rate to 55-85%. A correlation may exist between the duration of torsion and abnormal semen parameters, and some authorities suggest that retention of an injured testis can induce pathologic changes to the contralateral testis. The current symptoms might reflect some pathological change. Consult your urologist for further guidance and evaluation.

Refer: http://www.emedicine.com/Med/topic2780.htm#section~Complications

Best