TURP
How long after a TURP operation can i expect to be able to drive and avoid straining myself by exercise
I had a TURP in July 09 and I didn't have any problems as far as going back to driving, however I did have to be out of work for about 2 weeks because the doctor wanted me to avoid too much bending and heavy lifting.  It took close to 2 weeks for my urinary flow to get close to normal, I had to take meds to keep it from burning and I had to wear pads to catch the leaks.
I am much better now however I do take medicine to control overactive bladder.
I am a little young at 42 to have been having problems from BPH but when the doctor took a look he confirmed that my prostate was enlarged.  
I hope all goes well for you.
Hi, I had a TURP and resection of the bladderneck in 1995 at the age of 30.
Since I was a heavy duty mechanic I did not return to work untill 6 weeks of time.
At home the first 2 weeks seemed OK only to have bleeding a few days after.
Leakage was a problem for about 3 weeks. In 1996 I was diagnosed with a neurogenic bladder which might have been the origin of my problems.

All the best.

Ron