Urology Community
TURP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

TURP

How long after a TURP operation can i expect to be able to drive and avoid straining myself by exercise
I had a TURP in July 09 and I didn't have any problems as far as going back to driving, however I did have to be out of work for about 2 weeks because the doctor wanted me to avoid too much bending and heavy lifting.  It took close to 2 weeks for my urinary flow to get close to normal, I had to take meds to keep it from burning and I had to wear pads to catch the leaks.
I am much better now however I do take medicine to control overactive bladder.
I am a little young at 42 to have been having problems from BPH but when the doctor took a look he confirmed that my prostate was enlarged.  
I hope all goes well for you.
Hi, I had a TURP and resection of the bladderneck in 1995 at the age of 30.
Since I was a heavy duty mechanic I did not return to work untill 6 weeks of time.
At home the first 2 weeks seemed OK only to have bleeding a few days after.
Leakage was a problem for about 3 weeks. In 1996 I was diagnosed with a neurogenic bladder which might have been the origin of my problems.

All the best.

Ron