Urology Community
Tear on penis head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Tear on penis head

7264968?1316805625
For the past couple years I've had a tear (or split) on the head of my penis just below the urethra hole but not quite torn through it.  I've shown it to a doctor once and was just given antibiodic ointment to put on it. I always figured it wasn't healing because I was never able to stop masturbating long enough. Usually I'd go a week without then when I didn't see any improvement I'd just give in. But recently I've gone 3 weeks without masturbating to try to give it plenty of time to at least start healing. But I've still yet to see any improvement and am really having doubts that it will ever heal. Over 2 years is a really long time to have a tear. There was never any blood when it happened or after. Which I found a bit strange. I didn't actually notice it tear at the time. I'm pretty sure it happened when I was in a public place trying to "adjust myself" in my pants quickly and grabbed it the wrong way resulting in a decent amount of pain. But when the pain went away I didn't think any thing of it and didn't notice the tear until awhile later. I'll attach a picture so you can see it. But I'm just really lost on what to do. I'd gladly go back to a doctor if I could afford it, but I'm uninsured right now so I can't. I'm just hoping theres some way for it to heal. Can the penis head tissue heal itself when it gets split like that?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Such kind of tear can be due to urethral fistula which although is mainly found in women but can be found in men also. Fistulas in men can be associated with some of the same predisposing factors as in women, such as a history of recent abdominal or pelvic surgery, urologic procedures, trauma, and inflammatory bowel disease.

I suggest you to get it examined from a urologist and get a urethrogram done to confirm the diagnosis.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Is there any update to this?

To any Dr's...can tears/fissures in the glans (glands) be surgically repaired if they are old like this?
I have a fissure/tear to the glans (glands) but I don't thin it is what you suggest to the original poster.  If it is just a tear...can it be sutured shut?