Urology Community
Testical pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Testical pain

I took my husband to the doctor today because for about the last week he has been feeling like someone kicked him in the balls.  He said it’s a dull aching pain, that he described as if someone were to kick you there, about 5 minutes later it would just be aching..thats what it feels like.  The doctor told him that it is the scar issue from his vasectomy rubbing on a nerve and basically, just take pain meds and live with it.  He can’t get comfortable in bed or when he sits.  (HIs vasectomy was 7 years ago)

I am disturbed that they aren’t looking into it further.

About 4 weeks ago he was having pain that he thought might be a kidney stone (Which had happened before) They did a urinalyses on him and a kidney ultrasound and everything looked clear.  There are no signs of a hernia either.  I am just really worried, because every time I put his symptoms on the computer I come up with testicular cancer.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Testicle pain is discomfort in one or both testicles. The pain sometimes radiates to the lower abdomen. Testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, excessive bicycle riding, hernia or kidney or ureteric stones.

Is he having painful, red or swollen scrotum along with testicular pain. It can be epididymitis or orchitis. In cases of hernia, a prominent bulge along with testicular pain is there and in cases of kidney or ureteric stones, pain during micturition may also be there.

You can provide support to the scrotum by wearing an athletic supporter, apply ice to the scrotum, take warm baths if there are signs of inflammation, while lying down, place a rolled towel under your scrotum or try over-the-counter pain relievers, like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.

Infections should be examined and treated right away. If the infection is caused by bacteria, your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic. So ask your husband to  visit his doctor if the symptoms persist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.