Urology Community
Testicle and groin pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Testicle and groin pain

O.k so here is my long and complicated story and thank you very much for the time and concern to read and possibly help me out here... I was getting a little chunky and feeling bad about my life so I took charge and went on a hard workout and diet regime. I started eating lots of fruits and veggies and exercising moderately. I lost 38 pounds in the 5 months I did this. I was feeling great and in the best health of my life when suddenly my problems started... It started with what felt like soreness in my entire groin area surrounding my testicles(the v shape area). I thought maybe I strained my muscles from exercising so I stopped for 2 weeks but not only was the pain still there but it had shifted to my right testicle, and the area between my scrotum and rectum. I then went to the doctor and got a physical exam, doctor send me to the lab for blood work, urine analysis, and he also swabbed 2 cotton swabs inside my urethra(very uncomfortable and painful feeling) to have it cultured. Blood tests come back clean, no std's, no sign of infection, urine comes back clean, and nothing from the swabs. Doctor tells me next to go for a testicular ultrasound to check the insides of that area. Now by this time in addition to my original symptoms there is occasional slight pain(dull pain) in my left testicle as well but prodominitely still the right one, and the tip of my penis where the swabs were stuck in has become very sensitive to the slightest touch and feeling a bit sore(definitely from the swabs). I do lots of internet research and It seems like a vericele vein fits the bill pretty well, im thinking either that or epidimytis. The ultrasound shows no abnormalities or irregularities. Leads us to now present day, the pain is now in both testicles(still prodomintely right one) and the sides of the groin about 2 inches up and to the sides of the testis(v shape area) next to the testis are sore and heavy and when i put my fingers on them i feel the blood throbbing strong. In addition to this all my sexual desires(im usually a very sexual person and get erections often) has gone down 100%, I don't feel any urge for sex and I feel like if I do it will injure me more anyway. Any idea what I am dealing with here because I am going insane... I am a 26 year old in shape male, with a fiancee and a life to live and no answer to whats going on with my body suddenly... could it be strained or aggrovated muscles all this time? please help....

-Steve
I read your symptoms and it seams fairly close to my problems also.  Though with my pain my back pain is brutal.  I am headed for a CT scan of my lower to rule out any possibility of cancer.  Also because i do a lot of biking i am going to a chiropractor to rule out any spinal problems.  I to have no sex drive at all, mainly due to the pain, which is an everyday thing.  Though my specialist is totally clueless as to what it could be, i hope the ct scan or the chiro finds something.  If they do i will let you know.