Urology Expert Forum
Testicle pain/stones

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Testicle pain/stones
In June I had a vasectomy.  While more uncomfortable than I had anticipated, the procedure seemed to go fine.  The following week, however, I was in immense pain and a large lump could be felt.  However, it disappeared after about a week and everything seemed OK.  However, since the procedure, my testicles are very sensitive--they never used to be- and if I go a few days without ejaculating, they hurt, a dull ache.  Two weeks ago, I developed excruciating pain in my lower stomach area after urinating.  The doctor said he thought I was passing a 'bladder' stone.  As I haven't been able to schedule the tests the doctor wants to do yet, could this be related to my post operative vasectomy experience?  I have had no swelling, blood in urine, nausea, heat sensations, discharge, etc.  The only oddity is that I don't seem to be able to hold my urine all night long occassionally and a few times I noticed an odour from my urine.  Thank you.
Dear Anthony,

The discomfort that you described following your vasectomy occurs often following this procedure.  However the lump that you describe could be due to several different entities.  The two most common causes would be a hematoma or a sperm granuloma.  Hematomas are just a result of the surgical dissection and usually soon dissipate.  Sperm granulomas form when sperm leak from the testicular end of the vas.  Sperm granulomas are rarely symptomatic, but in a few individuals may result in a painful lump.

It is highly unlikely that a bladder stone would be related to your vasectomy.  Bladder stones are typically due to an obstructive uropathy that leads to urinary stasis.  Bladder stones can then form when the bladder is not properly draining.  A bladder outlet obstruction, most likely from benign prostatic hypertrophy, would be consistent with your symptoms of having to get up at night to urinate, foul smelling urine, and bladder stones.  It is imperative that you follow your doctor
bl
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0