Urology Community
Testicles hanging too low

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Testicles hanging too low

Hi, im 26 years old and since my early 20s ive noticed that my testicles have been hanging lower and lower each year.

This past summer I measure them and they are hanging 6" away from my body, which I dont know if it is too much or abnormal but im worried they will eventually get too low.

Why does this happen? and should I try to fix it? it is getting a bit unconfortable I would like to know if I there is surgery or If i should do it.

thanks
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I don’t think you need to worry much on that count. The variations in the position of the testes are common due to the changes in the temperature. In summers, it’s very common for the testes to hang quite low due to the higher temperatures as the temperature of the testes has to be maintained lower than the body temperature so that the viability of the sperms is kept. Please be assured there’s nothing much to worry about. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Hi Dr Singh,
Thanks for your help, my worries are that I feel that they are too low at the moement, and I fear they'll drop even more as I get older.

As well, this has brought me some problems wearing underwear since it has become unconfortable to wear boxers or anything that doesnt support me, and I'm getting lots of rashes betwen my scrotum and legs most of the time even though I try to wear briefs most of the time.
Thanks.
testicles hanging too low reduce sexual ablity or it is a good sign what to do to maintain the posture to testicles b,coz hanging testicles are much embarrsing pl .help