Urology Community
Testicles shrunk after use of antipsychotics?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Testicles shrunk after use of antipsychotics?

I've been on antipsychotics (Risperdal, Stelazine) for 3 months and after it my testicles (in fact, penis too) have shrunk considerably. I also have a decreased sperm count and low testesterone levels, muscle loss and increased body fat. Is it reversible? How can I treat it? It's been 2 months already.
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
I can understand your concern for the antipsychotic use. Antipsychotics can cause reduced testosterone levels and increased prolactin levels. Increased prolactin levels causing hyperprolactinemia can reduce the testicular size . Prolactin levels normally fall within days of stopping oral medication, but may take months to return to normal after stopping long acting depot medication.

Risperidone and Amisulpride are main offenders and Clozapine and Quetiapine generally do not raise Prolactin levels.
Get your prolactin levels estimated and also consult your psychiatrist for the stoppage of antipsychotic medicines.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...