Urology Community
Testicular Concerns

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Testicular Concerns

I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer just shy of 5 years ago. I had a Radical Prostatechtomy (robotic) and have been impotent ever since. Approximately 8 months ago, I began having pains that seemed to involve my testicles. They would hurt for a week or two (predomiantly one side or the other) and then go away. During the second such episode, I noticed that the testicle on the side that was aching was retracted. I made an appointment with a Urologist after the next episode, concerned about the possibility of Testicular Cancer or a hernia. After examining me, he indicated that I had neither. I had purposely booked the appointment with a Urologist who specialized in  Penile Implant procedures and we discussed that for the rest of the appointment. I had an impant placed last May. Now that I am able to gain an erection again, I find that sex is painful for me due to the testicle problem. What kind of doctor or specialist should I see? What is likely the cause of this problem. It seems to be restricted to my left testicle, but today, the aching seems to be on the right (even though that testicle is hanging normally).