Urology Community
Testicular Lumps/sores/pimples

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Testicular Lumps/sores/pimples

Well first off I'm extremely embarrased right now. This all started 8 years ago when I was 12 years old, my first thoughts of it were just acne, a part of growing up. How wrong I was. I never really did understand how not normal it was untill it got out of control. When I was 15 was the first time I ever saw a doctor about this, what had started as a small pimple on my left testicle had enlarged to the size of a walnut within 3 days, it was an extremely painful experience. I went to the ER and the doctor there assuming (since I had used clippers to keep my pubic hair buzzed) that I shaved my genitalia told me it was an "inclusion cyst" from an ingrown hair. I've since had several more of these. At 16 I went to an STD clinic to be tested for every STD there was, clean. made sense seeings how I'd never had sex let alone unprotected. The only thing the clinic could tell me is that they weren't ingrown hair infections/Std's or acne. Since all the embarrasment of the ER, I've done most of my own doctoring, Using Iodine and sterilized needles to rid myself of these lumps. When they are still small they will usually pop easy as would a pimple with just mild pressure, but as soon as they start growing larger they become quite hard and painful, inserting a needle they wont just ooze out but instead after alot of applied pressure they'll cause the skin around them to rupture. These things are hard, white, and sphericle. Some have what appears almost like a small umbilical keeping them from being removed without a lot of work. I have pictures I'd be willing to share if anyone thinks they can help me. I'm sorry this is such a long post but with this going on so long, so much embarrasment, and so little help I'm hoping someone out there can help me enjoy the rest of my ife, I CANT live with this anymore.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
For such kind of growths the possibilities of epididymal cyst or spermatocele have to be ruled out. Spermatocele is a retention cyst of a tubule and is benign in nature. Usually they are left as such if not causing any symptom, but if they are causing pain, then they have to be removed. Surgery is the only mode of treatment for which I would suggest you to consult a urologist. An ultrasound is needed to rule out any benign or malignant cause.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

This has been going on to long.
You need to book an appointment with a urologist.
I know this all too well. what I'm looking for is someone who may have any idea what this is? I have a very hard conveying all this in conversation and just don't want to go into it unprepared.
Avatar_dr_m_tn

Hmm... I would think that as cyst or spermatocele of the epididymis is 'internal' to the scrotum, that it would not present as an external 'boil' which is what the OP appears to be describing.

Perhaps where he said 'small pimple on my left testicle' threw the doc off. I believe the OP means really on the outside of the scrotum around the area of the left testicle. Is that not correct T_n_O?
Yes it's all external not very deep.