Urology Community
Testicular Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Testicular Pain

When I got out of bed this morning, I experienced a somewhat sudden pain in my left testicle. It lasted for 3 hours and then went away completely. Is it still something to worry about? There is no swelling, hardness, or redness. I don't have any nausea or anything like that. So I wouldn't think that it's torsion. If it had lasted only half an hour, I wouldn't be too worried, but 3 hours is a whole different story. I would go to a clinic, but I'm a poor college student who wouldn't pay money to hear someone say I was worried about nothing.
Related Discussions
Hi,
     How are you? Testicular pain has many causes, some of which are emergencies that require immediate medical attention.  Most common causes are orchitis, epididymitis, testicular torsion, trauma, hernia, STD and testicular cancer.
Usually young men are prone to infections and torsion, which can at times manifest only with pain. Usually all other causes of pain in testicle develop gradually, but in case of torsion it occurs all of a sudden.
You should view testicular pain as an emergency until proven otherwise. Diagnosis can be confirmed with physical examination, urine analysis, ultrasound and urethral swab if required.
I would suggest that you get a physical examination by your doctor, depending upon the results can think to proceed further or not. It is difficult to say with out physical examination.
All the best.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank