Urology Community
Testicular Torsion
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Testicular Torsion

Hello

5 months ago I had Left testicular pain and I went to the doctor and he told me to take advil as he thought I might have inflmation of the epididymis. My question is regarding the cremaster reflex. When I stroke the superior inner part of my L.thigh, the Right testicle ascend and not the Left one. What does this sign mean? Could this mean I had testicular torsion?
If you have Left testicular torsion, will it hang even during cold weather or does the right cremaster muscle generate enough force to pull both testes up?
Related Discussions
Hello,
Symptoms of testicular torsion are an acute onset of diffuse testicular pain and tenderness and an absent or decreased cremasteric reflex. Mostly the symptoms resemble epididymitis. To confirm the diagnosis, examination (the affected testis may have a horizontal lie) and a Doppler ultrasound are essential as soon as possible because testicular torsion is a medical emergency. Please consult your urologist immediately.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank