Urology Community
Testicular pain after ejaculation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Testicular pain after ejaculation

I had a vescetamy about 10 and 1/2 years ago.  If my wife and I wait more than 2-3 days without having sex, when we do, it causes me to have severe pain in my testes.  What could cause this and should I see a doctor about it?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

5-33% of men have been known to have a sort of pain syndrome post vasectomy.
However, an inflammation of the prostate can also cause the pain you have described.

Too frequent or too infrequent ejaculation can cause irritation to the prostate and can result in pain during or after ejaculation. Ideal frequency of ejaculation is estimated to be between 3-4 times per week.

The cause of the pain also depends on how long you have had it.

You can try sitting in a hot bath for 10-15 min twice daily and check for an improvement in your symptoms.

Alternatively, you can see a urologist and have some basic tests, such as urinalysis, semen culture and sensitivity, and prostate exam, done to rule out other causes of the pain.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress
Regards