Urology Community
Testicular pain when I smoke?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Testicular pain when I smoke?

Ok, let me start by saying that I have been smoking marijuana on and off, probably once a week for about 6 months. One night, I had smoked, and i got some bad pain in my right testicle. Within seconds I was on my knees in so much pain I could barely stand up. I finally got downstairs and told my mom and she didnt know what to do, she took me to the emergency room right away. I was still in so much pain on the way there. When I was there I didn't tell them i had smoked though.
They took a urine sample, and thought it was testicular torsion so they tried to fix it manually which hurt like hell. I recieved tons of Morphine, which probly led me to think id be ok, and not to worry about telling them that i had smoked. I got an ultrasound of my testicles, and they said from what they saw that it had to be epididymitus.

So I went home, all they gave me was vicodin for the pain if i had anymore. I had random pains whenever, and they would come and go, but i was still clean, then I smoked again three weeks later and had the same pain, just not as severe. I was home alone so i called my mom and she had the neighbor come over. I just layed on the couch until I calmed down. (Im guessing it was just a panic attack due to the marijuana)

I have been clean for 6 weeks until yesterday, and I got a little pain for about 5 minutes, but it seemed to go away once I went to a friends house.

So basically, I dont know if smoking is physically giving me this pain, or if it is just all in my head anymore. I plan to stop smoking, but Id really like to know why this all happened

Avatar_dr_f_tn

The scrotal pain may be  separate from that of the smoking activity. Cannabinoids or marijuana may have analgesic and hypothermic effects which may decrease pain sensation and may even cause some temperature dysregulation in the body. Complete your antibiotics as epididymitis may persist longer than expected. I suggest you quit smoking. This is important as cannabinoids affect behavior and neurologic processes.
.
but for some reason it was only more severe when i had smoked...
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This may be something I can not explain at this point however cannabinoids do affect the autonomic nervous system which regulates blood flow and contraction and dilation of blood vessels. Decrease blood flow to the area may be secondary to a vascular problem. However, this has been ruled out in your case, when they have done the scrotal ultrasound and found nothing which could have been due to a vascular problem.

At this point, an infection may be the likely differential . Do refrain from smoking and see if the condition improves.
This exact same thing is happening to me right now; weed messes with your balls like how it makes your eyes swell.  Pardon the vernacular.  
same thing with me also my penis shrivles up this all started after oral sex doctors dnt even care
yeah my left one hurt too. i went to the doc and he said it was a varicose vain. just recently, when i smoke my right testicle hurts. no one has naturally died from marijuana. there are 400 chemicals in weed only active one is THC. but logically, if it hurts only when u smoke, stop smoking. ( I should listen to my own advice.)
It's toxins from smoking moldy Cannabis. If you smoke allot on a regular basis you can build up an allergy to mold witch can mess your junk up. Toxic mold spores are bad news man. I have my medical cannabis scrip and I smoke allot of Cannabis for my UC. I smoke about 4 grams a day and barley feel anything I have been smoking for the last 20 years and now I do not even get high anymore. I can smoke a 1gr blunt by my self and feel like I took a half a toke. At first I thought tolerance. Nope MOLD after being exposed for long periods you can get really sick and build up an allergy to MOLD. Now if I come in contact with mold, any mold even a fungis  I get all messed up. In this case it causes multiple infection symptoms but it is really swollen lymph nodes, glands, kidneys, Prostate and so on. It also messes with the brain allot of people think Cannabis causes short term memory loss and cognitive problems but is actually mold spores. Do not smoke moldy Cannabis. Watch out for cheap dispensaries that sell Cannabis that has not been dried and cured properly. You can get really sick with permanent neurological damage.
If its not moldy Cannabis or to much mold exposure stop jerkin off and smoking Cannabis for a while doing both or one of the other to much can cause a serious chemical imbalance that will make your epididymis hurt and make you sorry!!!!!! Good luck man
I am experiencing the exact same thing as we speak.  I've been having health issues and have been scared out of my head for over a week now.  But tonight I figured out what the problem is.  It may pain you to hear this, but it's the marijuana.  

I have been to Urgent Care and the ER three times in less than a week, and today I was told that the pain in my testicles was more than likely epididymitis.  He wrote me a prescription for some things that would help clear it up, and I went home happy knowing I didn't have testicular cancer.  

I was so happy in fact, that I decided to celebrate with some herbal medication.  About 20 minutes after I did that, I got the pain back and plenty of other symptoms.  Abdominal pain, upset stomach, and of course the pain in my testicles.  So I felt, and I could feel the epididimis of both testes was swollen up.  So for whatever reason, these two things do now mix.  I am starting the medication immediately, while at the same time dropping my favorite recreational medication until this problem gets cleared up.  Hope this helps, I know this google search helped ease my mind!
I have the same problem, went to the Emergency room after one night of smoking.  I told the doctor that I Rarely Smoke Marijuana. He didn't even say one word to me about it.  was told I had a urinary tract infection. I told the doctor that I Rarely Smoke Marijuana. He didn't even say one word to me about it. Proscribed me antibiotics but after taking the antibiotics, the next day i smoked, and BAM, 5 minutes later, I could feel it right back there(Right testicle), although it wasn't as painful as the OP originally said(could walk). after reading the OP smoked 6 weeks later and still experienced these pains. I personally can say I will never smoke again.

never had problems before now. been a regular smoker for 5+ years.
I have had the exact same thing as all of you, it has been life changing for me, i have had operations to fix the problem but nothing has worked !
When i smoked after the op i would have the pain bad and feel really weird in my head also, i'm sure it effected my testicles and my brain some how, i also have been smoking for about 4 years!
I don't understand this, the doctors wont listen to me and i think its time that some people looked into this as it is truly life changing.

I would be willing to take part in some tests if it needs to be done.

I have been experiencing the exact same problem for about a week now. it all started when I become aroused by my cousin dressed half naked in my living room. I went to my bedroom and began to "ya know" about half way though I realized that I could never **** my cousin so I stopped. my penis became soft again and as soon as I turned on my side I felt a pain in my left testicle. the pain is still there right now. it never went away.  I have smoked marijuana everyday, 3 or 4 times a day for 5+ years and never had any problems other than sinus infection about 3 times a year. the pain gets worse when I smoke marijuana. it may get real bad for  5 minutes before subsiding but never going away. I can no longer enjoy marijuana. when I masturbate the pain seems to stop. but returns upon sitting down or standing still. it is very difficult to sleep. the pain seems to go away when I walk around or take a step. mainly noticeable when sitting or preparing to sleep. the pain never stops but marijuana makes it much worse. I went to my doctor and was diagnosed with epidimitits or inflammation of my left sperm tube. he gave me ciproflaxen and naproxen which I will be starting both here in about an hour.  I am determined that if the pain never go's away I WILL be having my left testicle removed!  I signed up for this website as soon as reading about your condition. have any of you ever overcome it or found a cure?
Im only 19 years old. did you ever overcome this? or find a solution?