Urology Community
Testosterone therapy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Testosterone therapy

I'm a Not-Quite-45 year old man. The last week of June, just before heading out to sea in Alaska for the summer, (I'm a commercial fisherman, way up North where the Deadliest Catch boys work), I had my annual physical. My Dr. was a little put out by my recent, (and rather unexplained), weight gain, (as was I, at almost 30 pounds in the last 8 months), and he had my testosterone level checked as a part of my blood work. My wife has told me that while everything else in my labwork came back as "normal", (I'm taking a low dosage of a statin for a marginally high total cholesterol), that my testosterone level had absolutely tanked. And I mean just that: TANKED. It's at 68. He called my house and told my wife that I should see an endocrinologist. Unfortunately, I won't be back home until September, and after having perused the internet I'm becoming a little concerned about it. I'll admit that my "drive" in the bedroom had been better over the course of my 27 years of marriage, but I'd just put that down to "normal" aging. In retrospect however, as I look over the "symptoms" associated with low T, I'm now aware of the fact that my behind is really dragging, my motivation is lagging, in the last year I've lost almost 3/4 of an inch in height, the suspect weight gain, and I'm a bit more irritable than I was even 3 or 4 years ago. I'm wondering what I can do to try to correct this homeopathically while I'm out here at sea. I'm consuming somewhere around 1500 calories a day, (and since I'm on a dry boat, there's no beer calories in it), riding a stationary bike about 1/2 an hour a day, along with a little weight training, (We've got a pretty good gym here on the boat). Is there anything else I can do during the interim 'till I get back home?