Testosterone
I am a soon to be 64 year old white male, 5'9" 275lbs and my testosterone level is 178.......???
I do understand that the testosterone levels are low in your case and there are several guidelines developed by several groups who recommend the testosterone therapy in the ageing male. However, It has not been definitively established that the decline in testosterone seen in most aging men results in an androgen deficient state with health-related outcomes that can be improved by testosterone therapy. Hence, I’ll not recommend the same. Still, it’s good to consult an endocrinologist for the same and seek an opinion. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Thanks Dr. Singh, I will contact my PCP and make the necessary appointment.
Hello, I am a 56 yr. old male. I started taking self injections of testosterone that my MD prescribed after trying every anti-depressant known to man. It seems that doctors throw anti-depressants at anyone who has low energy and just feels sluggish. Your level of 178, I'm sure you will be told falls in the "normal" range. In my opinion, you will benefit greatly from a higher testosterone level. You should check the site  thehiddendisease.com for some really helpful info. I especially like the patient interviews. Best of Luck.