Urology Community
The inside of my penis head hurts when I urinate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I woke up this morning, and went to the bathroom like I do every day. Only today, I was awakened by a severe and painful feeling right near the opening of my penis as I urinated. Once stopped the pain went away. In the afternoon, it happened again. It hurts really bad when I pee right near the opening of the head.
I was wondering if this might be a UTI of some sort? I have no idea, my sexual exploits have been monogamous for a good 6 months and this has never happened before.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Are there other signs or symptoms present?  Painful urination or dysuria  can be caused by any of the following: a bladder or urinary tract infection, sexually transmitted disease such as gonorrhea or chlamydia, yeast infection, kidney or bladder stones or even sensitivity to certain soaps or perfumes. A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that affects any part of the urinary tract.  In general, signs and symptoms develop rapidly and can include: a strong, persistent urge to urinate; a burning or painful sensation when urinating; passing frequent, small amounts of urine; or blood in the urine or cloudy. A urinalysis and urine culture are  usually done to confirm the diagnosis. Most uncomplicated UTIs can be treated with oral antibiotics It would be best to see your doctor for proper evaluation and management. You can read more about this through this link: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/urinary-tract-infection/DS00286

Take care and keep us posted.
i also had the same problem as Lukin79 but mine is a bit worst...sometimes after i pee , it still hurts n there is a yellowish discharge too(not during urination) but i alredy had a medical checkup ( urine n blood test) so i doubt its STD since the reports say everything is ok ... any suggestions or help ?
you have aides bicth! shoulds wore that effin condom buddy boy ***** like you are dumbasses ******* ****
have ypu found out whats going on? im haveing the same thing, going to a walkin clinic today to get some more answers
drink cranberry juice!! (i did 4 bottles inaround an hour)  it works! mine cleared up within a couple hours and i was experiencing the same thing. i hope it fixes you guys:]
Help please, I woke up and went to take a pee yeah and for some reason my penis Hurt :/ but it only hurt for two seconds and then the pain went away and I kept on beeing normally. Why is?
i have a same problem with you , did you take a medicine ? what kind of medicine . it will lasts a month ?
grow up child!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same problem .... If I drink lots of cranberry juice and water how long will it take to go away??.....also once I start drinking beer it feels a lot better then stinging when peeing
It's uncomfortable when I urinate. My penis head hurts when it rubs against my underwear when I'm walking. I've had urine test blood test and everything has shown up negative for any STDs or urinary tract infections. Does anybody have any solutions to this problem or has anybody going through what I'm going through now.
Same thing. I go and just a drop or 2 of pee comes out then it hurts a little (burns or stings for a second) then it starts to flow freely then stops and hurts again.