There found calcium oxalate crystals indentified
I am 55 years old I am a female i took a urine test and they found amorphous crystals identified and calacium oxalate crystals identified are they kidney stones or bladder stones. also I have blood in the urine also. thank you for your help

Calcium oxalate crystals are an indication that there may be kidney stones in one or both kidneys. Kidney stones up to 5 mm in size can pass through the urinary tract, though with significant discomfort. Bladder stones can also be formed with the calcium oxalate crystals; however, kidney stones are more likely.

If the stone is blocking some part of the outlet of the kidney or the ureter, it will cause obstruction and backflow of urine. The pressure effects of such obstruction will cause significant damage to the kidney and this will be further complicated if there is an infection. A jagged stone stuck in the ureters can cause significant trauma to the mucosa and can cause blood to appear in urine.

Ensure that you keep fluid intake over 2000 ml per day and avoid irritants such as caffeine, alcohol, pepper, etc.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.

My urologist doctor wants me to take a urodinamic test and cystoscopy test tomorrow. this these test painful. well they tell me if I have kidney stones. Thank you for your help.Regina