Urology Community
Thick linear mass beneath skin underneath head of penis.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

9137918?1369361086
I woke up a few days ago with this material which feels like a tendon or ligament about 1/4 of an inch below the glans (glands) or right where the shaft meets the head.  This mass just showed up for the first time.  it is somewhat "thick" and it is visible especially with an erection and looks similar to a ring beneath the skin of my penis.

It wraps all the way around my penis basically maybe 1/8 to 1/16 thick.  It seems to be thicker on the left side almost as if there were a knot.  It does not appear to be a vein as when the skin is stretched it appears to be white.  I have read information about scar tissue as a result of circumcision but I have never noticed it before and it has never been this pronounced.  Does anyone have any possible ideas/advice as to what this may be?

1) Knot Area
2) Wrapping around
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? The presence of painless, hard and linear cord may be attributed to benign transient lymphangiectasis of the penis, often associated with recent sexual activity. However, if it persists, you may need to have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and regards.