Urology Community
Thrombosed Vein due to op
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thrombosed Vein due to op

i am 19 years old and almost three weeks ago now i had a hurnia repaired, everything went fine and the operation was a success. I have now had my staples removed and i have now noticed there seems to be a large vain on at the base of my penis which causes me discomfort when the penis is erect. This makes any sexual experience rather uncomfortable. As this was not a problem pre-op i would like to know how it has got to be like this and what steps can i take to have this problem sorted.

Thank you for you for your help
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Thanks for writing to the forum!
It is normal to have a bulging vein on and off on the penis at various locations. They disappear as they come. If a vein persists for more than two weeks you must consult your doctor. The only point of consideration is clots in these veins. However the clots make them painful. So if there is pain then also consult your doctor. Do not fiddle with it. Leave it alone.

Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examination.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Blank
thanks for your help, could you possible give me a reason about why it could be due to my operation why there is now this bulging vain?
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Thanks for keeping me posted!

After surgery having a clot in the blood vessel is a complication that occurs a number of times. This results in dilatation of the blood vessel. Do go back to your surgeon. Generally these dissolve with medicines and no further treatment is required.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...