Urology Community
Tight Scrotum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Tight Scrotum

hello, i am 22 yrs old my testicles are the normal sise but the scrotum is small and as a result they are tight to my body ( no "swing" and temperature makes NO difference). the bad thing is that because of this my penis doesnt hang infront but more sit on top of my tesicles which makes me look like ive got a constant semi-erection when im completely flacid. theres no pain involed here i might add, its just that its embarrising, for example i would never have a shower at the gym and i cant go swimming because swimming shorts are too lose. is there anything that i can do about this to make them hang lower? i'll even consider surgery if theres no other option . Any advice will be greatly recieved.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

It is important to clarify at the outset that testicular function is more important than their appearance. The scrotum hangs at different lengths from the body depending on multiple factors, including genetics.

Testes also retract closer to the body during periods of stress or in response to cold weather.

If you suspect any impaired function, you can have hormone and semen tests to rule out any hormonal abnormality.

In the absence of any structural or physiological abnormality, if you still wish to change the hang of your scrotum for cosmetic purposes, you can consult a plastic surgeon in this regard.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Regards