Urology Expert Forum
Tight feeling

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Tight feeling

Hello, Back in Late October or early November I sat down by accident on a decent sized bubble packing mailer (such as this one http://tinyurl.com/yhgvafx). It poped right on my testicals. I was in minor pain at first as expected. Few days later I felt weird sensations such as pinpricks throghout the groin area. I went to get a ultrasound of the testes and everything came back normal. It went away for about a week and I thought it was all fine and healed. I work in retail so I am pushing heavy pallets and objects sometimes, so I was pushing a heavy object and had no pain pushing the object until later that night when I came home I noticed the "pinpricks" sensation around my groin area and even the tip of my penis. I want to say that it feels like it is both sides at the base of the penis to the left and right.  It seems like it can happen for 3 hours and than go away for a few hours than come back. I notice it more when my bladder is full.  No known cause to trigger this tight feeling.  Sometimes I will get some shots of pain but they are not constant. Keywords for this are a tight/pain sensation that occurs randomly. No blood in urine. I thank you in advance for your help as I'm worried about this lasting for somewhat a long time.
Gender: Male
Age: 19
Tags: groin, tight
Your symptoms are not typical of any condition of which I am familiar. My first thought is that this is related to nerve root compression in your back. Try something straight forward such as motrin for a week and take a daily hot bath. If there is no improvement, see a urologist or an internist.
Hope that you feel better fast!
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
Hello, I do have some back problems now that you mention it.  Is possible it is nerves from there?  If so will it go away on its own or with motrin like you have suggested?  Thank you in advance.

Vincent
Also, I just got back my results from a blood test my dr ordered (Metabolic Panel + others), and he said my Chelesterol was 210 and he would like it lower for my age (19), and my Vitamin D levels were low, about 15 or so.  Would you think this Vitamin D level would have anything to do with my problems?  Thank you very much.
I doubt that the vit. D level has a bearing on this.
Without seeing you, my suggestion is still to try treating this as a nerve related issue. The physician whom you are currently seeing is really in the best position to render care: he can examen you as well as talk with you.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.