Urology Expert Forum
Tingling Scrotum, Redness and Pain at tip of penis - what is this?

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Hello Doctor,

I really hope that you can offer some advice as to what you think might be causing the following symptoms:

Tingling Scrotum - somewhat intense tingling at the bottom of scrotum that occurs quite frequently - can occur everyday for a couple months and go unnoticed sometimes, but usually seems to be there even if just once a day.  There was a period of time for several months were I did not notice any symptoms.  My scrotum is also abnormally red.

Redness/pain at the tip of penis - Gets MUCH worse after mechincal irritation.  The skin will get red and scaly and then heal and flake off.  I also have pain in the urethra from time to time - stinging feeling.

I've been to several urologists, dermatologists and general practicioners....but with no diagnosis.  I have tested negative for Chlamydia, Ghoneria, Syphillis (syphilis) and HSV 2.  My HSV 1 test was positive, but if I remember correctly that had manifested as cold sores when I was a kid.  I also had my prostate checked when I first noticed the symptoms (this started 9 years ago, and I noticed it 1.5 days after receiving unprotected oral sex - I was convinced that was what it was from, but now I think it could be a coincidence).  I just recently had an ultrasound of the scrotum that revealed I have an epididymal cyst, but I don't believe that would cause these symptoms.    

Have you ever heard of these symptoms?  What diseases, conditions or viruses come to mind when you read this?  PLEASE offer me some of your medical expertise - this issue has been consuming my thoughts for years.  I need to find some kind of closure.  Thank you doctor!
This forum has had many participants who have had affairs and  unprotected sex and then experienced many different and inexplicable symptoms. Search the archives. They have then started on a round of doctor’s visits to account for their symptoms. Multiple negative cultures and multiple visits later, often having had treatment for STI’s  without proven disease, they have come to this forum for the answer. In reality, the answer is anxiety based and the initial physician who stated that nothing could be found  in the workup and that the symptoms did not fit any known physical disease was correct. A second opinion is understandable. But, as the opinions mount that there is nothing physically wrong, you as well as the others, need to accept  the reality that has been explained in many ways and move on to obtaining the emotional care that you need to allow you to  move on and enjoy life.
A psychologist, psych social worker, or a psychiatrist who does counseling will help you work through your anxieties and possible relationship issues. These people can help greatly if you are motivated.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
i have a red dot on the left side of the tip of my penis. im fairly sure that its psoriasis
but not 100 percent. i also have pain when i squeeze to tip of my penis all well. around the same place as were the red dot id. i also have a very sharp pain in my bladder when urination( like it squezeeing very hard)

i dont know know if the psoriasis and the pain when i squeeze in the tip are related or if the all are or if none are but im really frustarted because i have been to 2 doctors and they havent found anything.

if you could help me that would be awesome.
thanks
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for your answer, however, I am convinced that the physical pain, discomfort and visible symptoms could not be the result of anxiety.  

If I just told you the symptoms what would your expert opinion be?
Hello Doctor,

I'd appreciate an answer as oppose to cutting and pasting answers of anxiety as you have in many other peoples posts.  My question: What do you know of that would cause tingling in the scrotum?  I feel the sensation almost daily for months at a time.  Please give me your expert opinion.  Thank you!