Urology Community
Tiny black mound at root of pubic hair?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Tiny black mound at root of pubic hair?

First of all, thank you in advance to anyone reading this post in an attempt to advise me.

7 weeks ago I had protected sex using a condom. This was the only time I've had sex in the last several years. Two days later I felt a minor pain in my groin area and discovered that it was coming from what looked to be a tiny black mound (small raised dot, like a black/purplish pimple but smaller) that had formed at the base of a pubic hair (which was at the base of my penis shaft). I should note that there was most likely skin on skin contact during the sex, and now I fear that I hadn't rolled the condom far enough down (the location where the black dot appeared wasn't covered by the condom). From that day onward, every so often I've been feeling a dull stinging pain in my penis and testicles. It also seems that my groin is more sensitive to heat, if I sit with a laptop above my groin (fully clothed) I soon feel minor pain in my testicles and groin. I also notice minor pain if I have a very full bladder. My testicles seem to be far more sensitive, if I sit with them squished or pressured, I seem to notice and feel pain far quicker and more acutely than I had prior to the sexual encounter. Several days after discovering the black dot I noticed a minor discoloration on the tip of my penis in two different spots.

In the following two weeks I underwent a comprehensive STD test (though I believe that herpes wasn't tested for) and the results were negative. My sexual partner also claims to have had a negative STD test approximately a month prior to our encounter and hasn't been with anyone since. I asked the doctor what she thought the small black mound at the root of a pubic hair was and she said she believed it to be something like an irritated hair follicle, or something along those lines, and said it was nothing to worry about.

Approximately two weeks after discovering the black spot it has faded, shrunk, is no longer raised, and is barely noticeable. But now it has been seven weeks and I've continued to experience pain and would very much appreciate any advice I can get. The minor discoloration on the tip of my penis also remains. I'm pretty certain that this is related to the sexual encounter, seeing as I noticed the spot and started feeling differently almost directly afterwards. The fact that I tested negative for STDs was nice, but I feel that something had definitely happened to me as a result of the sex.

Is it possible that I got a bacterial infection? Please let me know if there is anymore information that I can provide.