Urology Community
Tiny purbple bumps around penis opening

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Tiny purbple bumps around penis opening

I am a 42 year old male, I am significantly overweight but otherwise surprisingly healthy. I have recently begun trying to exercise more, I have had eczema most of my life, and in the past year have been forced to use over the counter jock itch treatments. I have been in a monogamous heterosexual relationship for 6 years (we have vaginal, oral, and anal sex, the last which I had done with my two previous partners, each were 2ish year, std tested then unprotected sexual relationships).
A couple of days ago, my partner and I were having sex and afterward she mentioned that she'd noticed a black, scab-like dot in the place of one of the bumps. The "scab" was hard, about 1 maybe 2 mm at most and in the place of the larger of the bumps around the edge of my urethra, there are maybe 3 clearly discernible bumps within a 5-7mm area, but they are very difficult to count because they are so small and seem nonexistent; and if you look very closely the whole tip of my penis seems to kind of have bump/spots on it. While trying to decide if I should see a doctor I noticed the spot getting smaller after a day or two. So, like an idiot, I picked the scab off. It bleed pretty good for a second (scary), then stopped after I applied pressure. Now the spot looks basically as it has for the past several years. However, the sensitivity that I experienced before (see below) has been present for several days.

Some more history: When my partner and I first got together we were both tested for STDs and given a clean bill of health (neither of us have ever had one). At the time I was also experiencing some unusual tingling after and before urination that would sometimes feel like an uncontrollable need to urinate, like I couldn't control it (it felt something like accidentally touching my penis after chopping peppers, as a former chef, that is no joke and is something I have done, we all wash after, but who washes before peeing? Chefs who chop peppers, that is who). I cannot say when this started, I want to say a few years earlier. So, at about the same time I was tested for STDs I saw a urologist who checked my blood, urine, and prostate: healthy, with nothing to worry about. He said something about CPPS, mentioned the potential impact of rough sexual activities on the head of my penis (like there was somehow violence in anal penetration, which there isn't, at least for me), and told me not worry about it.
So I didn't. I noticed, around this time some purple 1mm or sized spot/bumps around the right side of my urethra opening, but figured that I had just had my penis examined by a doctor, so I shouldn't worry about it. These bumps are very small and inconspicuous, one is slightly bigger and more purple than the rest; it is possible that they were always there and I never noticed them and no one else did either (or they didn't mention it), none of the medical professionals who looked at my penis 6 years ago noticed them and they have not changed since I first noticed them until, that is, a few days ago and the scab appeared.

My main concerns are: First, is it possible that I am transmitting some disease to my partner like HPV? Or, could this be some bacterial infection, since this all, loosely might go back to around the time I first started having anal sex (giving) about 3 years before my partner and I got together. I'm always fairly through with washing my penis after anal penetration, but sometimes alcohol might impede my thoroughness.

Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lesions. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections (STD or non-STD), warts, a few primary skin conditions such as erythroplasia etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!