Urology Community
Tip of penis red and swollen
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tip of penis red and swollen

Hi,

Back around june the tip of my penis (just right around the opening) became red and swollen. It was somewhat painful but not much. I had urinary hesitancy but that has been gone for awhile. After a few weeks I went to my colleges health center. They tested me for STDs and infection. Both tests came up negative. After examining my penis the doctor said it looked like an allergic reaction and told me to think about anything that could have caused it. While the original symptoms (discomfort, urinary hesitancy, burning) have greatly subsided, the tip still remains slightly red and swollen and I sometimes dribble towards the end or beginning of urination. For the most part i feel normal except for the swelling and redness. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi

This reddening and swelling on the tip of the penis may be due to an underlying dermatitic skin condition. Urine may contribute to this. I suggest that you wash your genitals with a mild cleanser after you urinate. Do not allow urine to dry on the area. This will only cause further irritation. Also, do not rub the area with a towel. Just pat dry. Drink plenty of water and avoid wearing tight underpants.
Blank
Ok thanks for the tips. What cleanser would you suggest?
Blank
Hi

I would suggest a mild and bland cleanser such as Cetaphil. You may use this over the area as frequently as you want. I suggest that after urination you may wash the glans (glands) gently with warm water using the cleanser. This will help remove urine and prevent it from drying on the skin which may only cause further irritation.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank