Urology Community
Toddler painful urination only at night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Toddler painful urination only at night

My 3 1/2 year old daughter has been up the past two nights yelling in pain and crying.  She says her pee pee hurts.  She went potty over 20 times last night! She gets ridged when the little bit of pee dribbles out.  During the day no complaints at all.  Urine was clear at the docs office today.  Its still being sent to the lab though.  Its very concerning to see how much pain she is in.  Any ideas as to whats going in?  Why is it onlu painful at night?
Avatar dr m tn
These symptoms can be due to urinary tract infection. In absence of any UTI, other causes which may cause such symptoms are urethral syndrome, any blockage in the flow of urine like any scar tissue, injury (as in a car wreck or bad fall), blood clots, infection and stones.

You should get a urine examination and urine culture done to confirm the diagnosis.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.