Urology Community
Topical Steroid for Adult Male Phimosis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Topical Steroid for Adult Male Phimosis

Hello,
I am a 21 year old male with phimosis.  I am not sure the particular type that I have, but the foreskin can pull back when flacid but will not budge when erect.
Anyways, after doing much research on the issue, I know that topical steroids are an alternative treatment to circumcision for men with my condition.  However, it seems that I cannot find ANY DOCTOR who has heard of or certainly willing to try that treatment with me.
So my question is, am I wrong to think that this can be tried on adult males?
And if I'm not wrong, could you please give me some information for some urologists in the central US (Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas) who would be willing to treat me with steroids rather than surgery?