Treatment of renal cysts
I am 55 yrs old. Bilateral cortical simple cysts were detected in the yr 2000. Doctor advice me not to do anything. I had gone for ultrsound in Jan 2008 and found that my cysts has been slightly increased. I have a old back  pain. No other problem is there other than little hypertention.

Is there anything to be worried ?

K K Biswas
    How are you? Simple cortical cysts are fluid filled sac like structures that might occur solitarily or multiple in number. Usually these cysts do not require any treatment unless, there is pressure on the adjacent structures due to increased size of these cysts, infection, bleeding , torsion of the cyst and high blood pressure.
Slight increase in blood pressure is possible normally at your age, so it could be not related to the presence of the cysts.
Did have any bouts of urinary tract infections or kidney infections due to the cysts? If no then there is no need for treatment.
If required treatment can be done by two metrhods, one by draining the fluid from the cysts and the second way is by complete removal of the cyst.
Consult your doctor and discuss with him regarding all the possible options and follow his advise.
Take care.