Urology Expert Forum
Trigonitis

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Trigonitis

Dear Doctor,
  What is Trigonitis, and how is it treated?  I was diagnosed with it in 1992, and I am having problems again.  Is there any other way to treat it other than by way of cystoscopy?  Thank you in advance for your time.
  Robin
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Robin,
This term is applied to the visual evidence of supposed inflammation of a specific area in the bladder that has many nerve endings and into which the ureters (tubes from the kidneys to the bladder) attach. this are often has an appearance that is different from the surrounding bladder lining. This is a term that is not currently used. Consider a second opinion and obtain further evaluation of your problem.
This information is provided for general medical information purposes only. Please consult  your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition. More individualized care is available through our department at the Henry Ford Hospital  and its suburban locations (I-800-653-6568).
You are making good sense by asking question. Keep looking.
HFHS M.D.-SAL
*Keyword: Trigonitis, urethrotrigonitis

A related discussion, treatments for trigonitis was started.