Urology Expert Forum
Trouble ejaculating due to medications for depression

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

I am presently taking zoloft, seroquel, klonopin and trazodone for generalized depression and anxiety.  I am doing quite well and have been taking this combination of medications for about 1.5 years.  I frequently have erectile difficulty which I can handle with Viagra but I have great difficulty with ejaculation.  I feel like I am going to ejaculate but most of the time I can't.  I know this is a problem with some of the medications I am taking.  Is there anything I can do or any medication that might help this problem.  I spoke to my psychologist and he is going to talk to my psychiatrist.  But I don't have an appointment with him for another month and one half and was just wondering if there was anything my wife and I can do to help this problem.  Thank you.  Any suggestions would be welcome.
The medication you are on can certainly have sexual dysfunction side effects - notably the Zoloft.  I would consider adjusting some of your medications - you may want to consider Wellbutrin, which can have less of a sexual side effect.

If adjusting the medications does not help the problem, tests including testosterone levels, and urological evaluation (i.e. IVP, cystoscopy) can be considered to evaluate the difficulty with ejaculation.  I would suggest a urological referral.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
0
0
0
A related discussion, trouble urinating and ejaculating was started.