Urology Community
Turp Recovery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Turp Recovery

Hello,hope someone can give me some advice,I had turp last week catheter was in 5 days when it was removed I had a good stream,later that day its become weak and next day very weak,almost to the point I caaint urinate,
Is this normal healing period ?
thank you very much for reading this & Good luck
You should notify your doctor about your condition. After six months the turp didn't work for me I have to self catheter

I too had this surgery done at the age of 30 due to a bladderneck obstruction. It seemed OK for me for the first few weeks. After a urodynamics test, it was determined that I have a neurogenic bladder. As a result I too have to self Catheterize daily.

All the best.

Ron
I had a turp.  It did not work either and am self cathetering again. My current urologist says that my prostate was probably not enlarged and that I have a  "shot" or neurogenic bladder.   What upsets me the most is that the turp operation devastated by sex life.  Doctors will tell you that your orgasm will be as good as it was before even though you will not be able to ejaculate anymore.  It's not true.  And my doctor who not only harmed by doing an unnecessary turp, never told me before hand of permanent retrograde ejaculation(dry orgasm) would be an outcome of the turp.  Orgam's feel like nothing now and they are just mechanical. I get no sexual tension relief and am tense and depressed all the time.  Adequate libidinous relief is vital to good physical and mental health

Doing any procedure that harms you is nothing less than malpractice.  Our for profit medical system encourages doctors to get in as many patients in a day(so they talk to you little)and as many procedures and surgeries as possible. Profit driven medical systems corrupt absolutely.  I wish I was born in France.  They have free medical care for all based on taxes which the wealthy pay their fair share and are happy too.  Doctors there spend much more time with you.  And they would suggest a neurological and other tests prior rather than blindly do surgery. I know a guy who has 2 legs amputated and one arm.  Yet he got married, had children and is a happy man.  I would trade places with him anyday.  dry orgasm is worse than death.
there is no recovery from turp.  its hell not being able to have just adequate sexual tension release leave alone pleasure. the urology establishment is full of b.s.  Its not psychological, its an iatrogenic physical destructive procedure that destroys what is the most vital biological ability and instinct: sex and reproduction.  there may be some light, here is an article link.  Its a good bet that you don't expect your insurance to pay for it.  and one person who had the collagen injections says he just gets a little bit of semen out, but thats better than nothing like the most of us who have be inflicted with turp.

"Analysis of retrograde ejaculation using color Doppler ultrasonography before and after transurethral collagen injection"

http://www.nature.com/ijir/journal/v16/n5/full/3901202a.html#fig3