Urology Community
Twisted penis in newborn

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Twisted penis in newborn

My newborn son's penis is twisted (not bent) to the right.  In other words, the little line above the urethra, instead of pointing to the 12 o'clock position, points to the 3 o'clock position.

What causes this, and what are the implications to having a twisted penis?  Will it cause any problems?  Will surgery be required?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It is not normal to have curved penis in a newborn baby. It can be due to phimosis, chordee (a condition in which the head of the penis curves downward or upward) etc. Even hypospadias should be ruled out. He needs a urologist’s evaluation and maybe a correctibe surgery as well.
I sincerely hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Kind regards.

His pediatrician did not seem concerned, but I will ask for a referral to urology.  Thank you.