Aa
A
A
Close
UPJ Obstruction
I have had a ureteral stent in place for approximately four months. I am scheduled for a pyeloplasty on Jan. 28th. In the meantime, my urologist has suggested that I undergo a nephrostomy in order that the stent can be removed for one week prior to surgery. I do not want another invasive procedure.
On the other hand, a prior stent was removed, and I developed severe flank pain three days later.That necessitated the placement of a second stent. If I opt not to have the nephrostomy, what if anything, can I do to avoid a blockage for one week?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
434278 tn?1324709825
I know you have already had the pyeloplasty.  I see no one responded to your question.  I too have a UPJ obstruction and am looking at that surgery.  Was wondering how well you did and was it laproscopy or open pyeloplasty?  What part of the country are you from.  I am from N. Louisiana and have an appt. with a dr. in New Orleans April 1st.  Have had a hard time finding a "good" urologist.  In other words, I would like to find help quicker than April 1st.  I am in a lot of pain and feel bad most of the time.  I know you can relate to what I am going through.
Kara
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources