Urology Expert Forum
US diagnosis 2 cysts and calcification in testicle
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

US diagnosis 2 cysts and calcification in testicle

Hi,

Because I have felt some dump pain when touching or slightly pressing my right testicle or spermatic cord, so my doctor sent refered me to an ultrasound. The sonographer wouldn't want to tell me what he found and said he would send the results to my doctor, but I was able to glance over his shoulder when he typed the results into my chart. What I was able to read was something like this: 2 cysts in right testicle, tiny calc on surface of right testicle, something about hydrocele and something about varicocele that "didn't meet all criteria".

When googling about "testicular cysts", I always end up on pages that talk about cancer. My questions now are, could there be more than one cyst inside a testicle? And what is a "tiny calc"? Would that be a calcification?

My symptoms are: blunt pain when touching right testicle (it's very sensitive), right testicle sometimes appears harder than the left one. And sometimes I can feel a little "pulling" sensation, especially when the scrotal sac is "contracted" (cremaster reflex), but never when it's "open".

Given the fact the results that I could glimpse didn't mention the word tumor or carcinoma, could cysts still suggest that or could it be possible the sonographer made a typo and wanted to type "tiny carc" instead of "tiny calc"? Could a carcinoma be diagnosed by just doing a sonogram?