Urology Community
USG-Abdomen query

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

USG-Abdomen query

I am having a problem of partial emptying of my urinary bladder,i reported to my doctor he advised to take USG-abdomen ,in that the following impressions where found
1.Right kidney shows a calculus ,no measurement given????????
2.Left kidney shows a mild PCS,
3.RESIDUAL URINE positive...post void 109ml
I wish to know what is PCS, RESIDUAL URINE positive..,remedy ,treatment ,diet changes i should follow???????????
Avatar_dr_f_tn

PCS is pelvic congestion syndrome in this context.

This can be caused by a disorder of the veins of the pelvis caused due to inefficient or malfunctioning valves within the veins. Treatment depends on the extent of the problem and the symptoms it causes, and includes medical, surgical, and interventional radiological measures.

Residual urine indicates that the bladder was not completely emptied during urination.

There should have been a measurement of the calculus and it may be in the main body of the report where the dimensions of the structures are given.

You will need to keep your fluid intake over 2000 ml and try timed voiding, at every 2 or 3 hours, and try to void twice, that s try to pass urine again after you have already done so.

Do keep us posted on any further doubts in this regard.
Hello Doctor:I am bigbalu male 21years,  thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion,
                    I met the urologist and discussed about my USG ABDOMEN STUDY and gave remarks
1.residual urine positive
2.left kidney shows mild prominent collecting system
3.right kidney shows calculus in lower lobe.
He advised
1. uroflometry test
2.MCU ??????
3.UDE test ??????
4.voiding chart for 7 days.
kindly explain me about the above test procedure??what for they are done?? what is the end result or suspect that my urologist will arrive based on the above diagnostic tools??

eagerly waiting for your reply
yours lovingly
bigbalu

Thanks for the answer. Very informative posting..

Even I am facing the same problem with Right Kidney with 4mm calculus found in lower pole as mentioned in my abd. USG report.

My local DR. has suggested me to drink as much water as possible.. plus he has prescribed Cystone tablets for a month.. Or else he said I have to undergo a IV procedure.. Something Hydro... I don't remember exactly..

My question is does this IV procedure help me in getting rid of tis tiny calculus..?

Thanks!

Thanks!
I am having a problem of kidney stones kindly tell me solution. My USG KUB report says "Left kidney: size normal showing sandy concretion around 4 mm signs mid and lower part and mild left hydrocephalus and tiny calci concretion lower end of left ureter(which patient passed out,as on post void snography it disapeared).
right kidney: size normal showing sandy concretion(+).
bil tiny renal sandy concretion.
bil tiny renal sandy concretion.
kindly guide me......my email id is ***@****