Urology Community
UTI & Incontinence
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

UTI & Incontinence

I have had constant UTI's for the past year approx.  literally finish an antibiotic and I'm back on it 2 weeks later.  All the cultures grow out usually E-Coli although once was MRSA.  Hyprex did not seem to help the prevention and we are now trying a low dose Bactrim instead. I am peeing all the time anyway from the incontinence and 9 times out 10 have no UTI symptoms..I have done the pelvis floor physical therapy without much success.   I have diabetes as well and have seen a urologist as well as frequent microalbimin testing to be sure thats not an issue.  We have tried the max dose on all the meds .. detrol, oxybutic etc.. The urologist did all his testing and besides deciding I had mixed incontinence his response was "wow, what a leak"  yea he was a keeper..lol.  Due to my age of 36 and no kids he was hesitant to do a bladder sling despite my pleading.  Instead he did botox injections to the bladder neck which I found not at all useful and  non-covered by insurance which I cont. to pay for.  My PCP is setting me up with a 2nd urologist and I have decided now at 38 maybe kids arn't in the cards for me and I prefer to just get this over with.  It is reaching a point where just a trip to the grocery store for 30 min. has to include a bathroom trip and the trunk is packed with not only jumper cables but a trash bag for the seats in the car, towels, and a change of clothes.   I am at my wits end and just don't know what else to do..