Urology Expert Forum
UTI, STD, Neurological, dermatological, who knows?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

UTI, STD, Neurological, dermatological, who knows?

I had unprotected and protected sex about 6 months ago.  The condom was latex, no spermicide.
I began long runs, training for a marathon, about 2+ hours weekly, and 1-hour jogs 4 days per week.
I got an inguinal hernia, recently fixed.

I have had this irritation at the tip of the penis. I can't say it burns, but I feel it when urinating and when idle. I see the skin tag at the tip which had never been there.  It feels like something is just inside. No blood in my urine.  After I urinate or ejaculate, it's "drippy" for a bit. And when I have to pee really badly, it may form a droplet.  This is totally new.  I cannot tell if there is a sore on the inside, but it looks red and irritated. I figured from pulling back the skin or from a blood vessel. Not sure.  I used to have no problem, but now when I **** and shake, it ends up on my fingers and on a part of the head. Very disconcerting.  The attached pictures show the tip irritated and not.

What are your thoughts? I'm headed to a urologist on Monday. Any suggestions on things to look for, ask, test for...etc.?  Thanks!
Related Discussions
233190 tn?1278553401
Infection would need to be ruled out.  This can be done with a urine test or urethral swab for STDs.  I would also have a digital rectal exam to evaluate the prostate for infection.

If that has been ruled out, a cystoscopy can be considered to evaluate for anatomical abnormalities such as a urethral stricture or polyp.

Dermatological conditions like a fungal infection or dermatitis can also be considered - and treated with the appropriate cream.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician or urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Avatar n tn
Continue discussion Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now