Urology Community
UTI and Sepsis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

UTI and Sepsis?

Last year I got a lot of UTIs, but I had a lot of different symptoms, some of them aren't mentioned on sites about UTI symptoms. I would often get a high fever and have a lack of appetite, sometimes even before I felt any symptoms of a UTI (burning feeling whilst peeing and needing to go to the toilet often). I went to the doctor a few times after having been treated for a UTI, and at one point, she said I didn't have a UTI, but I had a very high white blood cell count and a low red blood cel count, high sugar, and a host of other things. She didn't know what it could be because I still had a slight fever, but when asked what the worst could be, she said leukemia or auto-immune (however, she did not think this was the case seeing as I felt and looked fine). She wanted me to go to an inner-medicine specialist but since I was fine on the next visit, she decided not to.

I'm still not sure what was up with my body that day, but I've been reading a lot about sepsis and that any small or mild infection can turn into sepsis, and that one of the symptoms are fever. I know it's an irrational fear but I very easily get UTIs and I'm getting really anxious about the possibility of one of them developing into sepsis. The doctor has given me low-dose antibiotics for if I feel like I'm getting a UTI but doesn't your body get used to antibiotics if often used?